Writing support when you need it
At the Watkins Writing Studio, we sit down with you one-on-one to work through your writing challenges. We start by identifying your specific needs then set an agenda for the session. We’ll review your work with you and help you diagnose and fix problems. We also may ask you to write, edit, brainstorm, research, or complete online tutorials that target specific writing concerns.
Who can use the Writing Studio
We are here to help students, faculty, and Watkins alumni who need a second set of eyes or expert editorial help in completing an upcoming assignment or career-related task.
Here’s how we can help
We won’t write your paper for you, but we offer the next best thing—support as you plan and write papers and projects. We’ll help you to
- prepare academic assignments
- write cover letters and resumes
- decide on research topics
- find the resources to develop your paper or project
- understand rules of grammar that you find confusing
Schedule and prepare for your appointment
- Contact us to set up a 30-minute or hour-long appointment at least two or three days before your assignment is due—two to three weeks before large assignments because you might need more than one session to polish your work.
- When you set up an appointment, include in your email details about the work/assignment you need help with, where you need guidance, and your daily availability. If you send us your work ahead of time, we’ll be able to provide a greater level of guidance when we meet.
- We’ll send you confirmation that we’ve received your email.
- We’ll follow up with a second email noting the scheduled appointment time. Please confirm your appointment by responding to our email.
- Be on time for your appointment and bring assignment guidelines, any outlines you have created, or works in progress.
Need help right now?
The Purdue University Online Writing Lab is a concise, easy-to-follow guide for answering quick questions about writing and grammar.