Find out what it’s like to pursue a career as a creative professional
Our Pre-College Program is a rich, rigorous experience that will provide you with authentic insights into the opportunities of a creative field.
Pre-College Program scholarships
Thanks to a generous grant from The Memorial Foundation, we offer a limited number of partial and full needs-based scholarships for Pre-College Program tuition. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is April 1, 2019.
If you want to be considered for a Pre-College Scholarship, send us a copy of your parents’ IRS W-2 form or documentation of eligibility for free or reduced lunch program from a school official along with your application by April 1, 2019. Contact the Admissions Office at 615.383.4848 for more information.
Pre-College Program logistics
Here’s what you need to know if you’re planning to join us for a two-week intensive introduction to a world-class arts education.
- Dates and times— July 7–20, 2019
- Tuition and fees—$3,850, which includes room and board, materials, T-shirt, and transportation to special events.
- Refunds—Your deposit is not refundable, and your tuition is only refundable before the final tuition payment deadline of June 1, 2019.
- Supplies—Watkins provides all supplies.
- Work samples—Bring samples of your previous work to discuss at portfolio reviews.
- Housing—We provide housing for pre-college students. The cost of housing is determined each year in January.
- Faculty—Our teaching staff includes local artists, professionals, educators, and Watkins faculty.
- Credit-hours and grade—When you successfully complete the Pre-College Program, you will receive one general education elective course credit (the equivalent of three credit-hours at most colleges and universities). Your grade will be based on quizzes, projects, and writing assignments.