Why imagine art school when you can experience it now?
Are you a rising sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school? Do you feel driven to show your ideas and create things that no one’s ever seen? If this sounds like you, Watkins Pre-College Program is your chance to get a head start on a rigorous education in the arts.
What you’ll do
Spend two intensive weeks immersed in the life and culture of a world-class art college studying and creating with like-minded students and professors.
- Learn from Watkins faculty while creating a college portfolio and earning college credit.
- Meet practicing artists, filmmakers, and design professionals.
- Explore new techniques and media.
- Discover contemporary trends and potential career tracks.
- Challenge yourself to grow artistically and personally.
- Earn a college scholarship to Watkins.
When it happens
The next Watkins Pre-College Program is coming up on July 8–21, 2018.
- March 1—application deadline for scholarship consideration
- April 1—regular application deadline
- April 15—$300 non-refundable deposit due to secure your spot
- May 1—tuition payment-in-full due (no refunds after this date)
- July 8—on-campus orientation
- July 9—first day of classes
- July 20—last day of class
- July 21—film screening, and fine art exhibition reception/move out