As of fall 2017, Interior Design students are required to have a laptop. They have a choice of a Windows 10 laptop or an Apple MacBook Pro.
If students opt to purchase a Windows laptop, it must meet these minimum requirements:
- Windows 10 Operating System (64 bit).
- Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPU Quad Core CPU.
- 8 GB RAM or more (more is always better).
- 15” or larger display size.
- Discrete Nvidia or AMD graphics card is required. Intel graphics are NOT recommended as they are not powerful enough for some of the 3D accelerated software.
Interior Design students may need to purchase some of their software, such as Sketchup Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud. Autodesk products and Microsoft Office can be downloaded by students (at no cost to students) from Autodesk and Microsoft. Enrolled Watkins students will have access to unlimited Lynda.com training services at https://lynda.watkins.edu
For more information on laptop requirements go to www.watkins.edu/laptops