Community Education Coordinator
This is a full-time position, with benefits, requiring a minimum of 37.5 hours/week, Monday through Friday, with some weekends required. This position reports to the Director of Community Education.
Watkins College of Art is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are hired solely upon the basis of their qualifications for the job and their ability to work effectively with others to do the job for which they have applied.
Required knowledge, skills, and personal qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Background in art preferred.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and customer-service oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- 2-3 years of experience with general office/administrative work.
- Knowledge of and comfortable with software and database programs including Word, Excel and G-Suite. Adobe Creative suite knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of web and social media programs including experience with uploading images and content.
- Experience working with various age groups in an educational setting.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the Adult Community Education program, Summer Camp Program, outreach programs, and college-wide events.
- Assist with marketing including mass mailings, correspondence, event listing updates and other marketing tasks as assigned.
- Assist in updating community education website and online registration system.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Assist with planning special events related to community education department including teacher in-services and workshops with partnering organizations.
- Assist with planning activities for college-wide events as needed.
- Interact with potential and current program participants and instructors via phone, email and in-person.
- Process incoming registrations, daily transactions, payments and refunds.
- Maintain department budget and ledger.
- Maintain databases of participants’ registrations, new inquiries and instructors.
- Maintain, order, organize and keep inventory of supplies.
- Help prepare supplies, equipment and classrooms for classes, workshops and demonstrations.
- Help supervise part-time employees, work-study students or volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.