Scheduling an appointment
1. Contact us at email@example.com, and include:
- The work/assignment you need help with, either in the body of the email or attached as a .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf file
- A brief explanation of the assignment and any areas in which you’re specifically looking for guidance
- Days (M-F) on which you are able to schedule your appointment.
We’ll send you a confirmation email letting you know that your work has been received, and follow up in a second email with the scheduled appointment time.
2. Please respond to the email to confirm your appointment.
Walk-ins: Walk in appointments are accepted during open hours (see “about”) but scheduled appointments are recommended! We need time to look over your assignment and prepare accordingly.
How to get the most out of your appointment
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 to 3 days before your due date to give us time to set up the appointment and read your work. For big assignments, we strongly recommend that you visit two weeks before your due date because you may need more than one session to polish your work. Follow-up appointments are highly recommended for these assignments.
- Send your work to us ahead of time so that we do not have to review it on the spot.
- Bring your assignment guidelines with you so that we can review them together.
- Bring a copy of your work-in -progress.
- Be on-time.
Remember, the more prepared you are, the more we can accomplish.
What to expect at your appointment
- We’ll start by talking about what your specific needs are, and set an agenda for your session.
- We’ll review your work with you, and you will actively participate in diagnosing problems and fixing them.
- We may ask you to write, edit, brainstorm, research, or complete online tutorials targeting specific writing concerns.
- The appointment will last from 30 minutes to 1 hour.