Watkins College of Art, Design & Film will host the school’s annual fundraising event, The pARTy: A Scene in Green, on Saturday, April 23, with the 2016 edition returning to the Watkins campus.
The pARTy, which celebrates the creative in Watkins students and the Nashville community, includes a 6 p.m. cocktail reception and dinner from The Chef and I. The Karlton Taylor Quartet will provide music for The pARTY, thanks to sponsorship by Arts at the Airport. The evening will also feature a “gallery tour” of art from the Watkins collection and student work for sale.
This year’s Scene in Green theme reflects efforts to support a campus greening initiative (the first phase in a long-range plan for campus enhancement), in addition to benefiting the school’s education and outreach programs.
See how you can help with our wish list of donation items: Wish List for A Scene in Green
To learn more, contact Maggie Fansher, 615.277.7402.
Now in its 131st year of service and inspiration to the community, Watkins is a regionally and nationally accredited college of the visual arts, granting BFA degrees in film, fine art, graphic design, interior design and photography, a BA in art, and an MFA in Film Production. Through their mission of preparing young artists, designers and filmmakers realize their creative potential, Watkins offers the community programming, continuing education and other opportunities that enrich Nashville’s dynamic cultural life.
Support and sponsorship from the following are the “Life of the pARTy”:
- Gold Program pARTner: SunTrust Foundation
- Silver sponsors: AmSurg, HCA/TriStar Health and Nashville Carpet Center/Hunt Oliver
- Bronze sponsors: Concord Building Group; KPMG LLC, McCarthy Jones & Woodard LLC; Neal & Harwell, PLC; Piedmont Natural Gas
- Pewter sponsor: Beth Scott Clayton Amos, LUTCF, CLTC, Insurance & Financial Services.
- Lipman Brothers, LLC and R.S. Lipman Company are providing wine, spirits and beer
- Arts at the Airport (through Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority) are underwriting musical performers
Tickets to The pARTy are $250 per person, with a special alumni rate of $125 per person ($250 per couple).
Special thanks to Graphic Design alumnus Michael Korfhage for creating the invitations, signage and other event materials.
Support and sponsorship from these businesses and individuals are truly the “Life of the pARTy!”
Gold Program pARTner:
Special Thanks to
Wine, spirits and beer courtesy of Lipman Brothers, LLC and R.S. Lipman Company