HOW TO START AN ORGANIZATION
Requirements for Student Organizations
- Maintain a membership of at least seven degree-seeking students (BFA/BA).
- Register annually with the Office of Student Life.
- Maintain a student organization mailbox in the mailroom.
- Adhere to the constitution and statement of purpose of the organization.
- Exist within the confines of College guidelines.
- All Members and Officers must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or higher. (See also Membership eligibility).
- Each organization is required to have at least one full-time Watkins faculty or staff advisor who will serve as liaison between the College and the group. A co-advisor may be selected who is not full-time (such as adjunct professors, alumni or chapter advisors). Expectations of Advisors include:
- Maintaining contact with the organization and being familiar with its programs and members.
- Building positive relationships with the group leaders and members.
- Keeping the group focused on its goal and purpose.
Benefits for Student Organizations
- May use resources available from the Office of Student Life.
- Right to use the name of the College in connection with its activities.
- Right to use College facilities.
- Reasonable assistance and cooperation from College staff.
- Right to advertise its events in designated posting areas around campus.
- Having an information table for recruiting purposes at various times of the year.
- Right to request funding for the organization.