Pre-College Film Track
Film students will learn about techniques, processes, film history, language and storytelling. Professionals with real-world experience will share insights on artistic, technical and business aspects of filmmaking. You will use digital video cameras, lighting and other professional production equipment and work with classmates to create a short-length film.
Explore the post-production phase of filmmaking and concentrate on the editing process. Working in Final Cut Pro, the program used by professional filmmakers, you will learn the overall workflow and fundamental techniques of editing.
During Pre-College you will:
- Handle professional cameras and equipment
- Use script-writing software
- Cast live actors
- Produce a short film that will be submitted to the Nashville Film Festival
- Be introduced to the Macintosh operating system and Final Cut Pro editing software
- Learn terminology for editing video and sound
- Fix problems with footage through color correction and motion parameters
- Manipulate audio and video with effects and filters
- Customize projects by adding text and graphics
- Export finalized projects for internet uploading and DVD burning
- Learn tips for applying to film school.
All Film students will take Film History classes and have the chance to participate in field trips.