Multi-disciplinary work on view at Tennessee Art League will also be part of First Saturday Art Crawl
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film presents the BFA senior exhibition “Up, Up and Away,” featuring work by Bachelor of Fine Arts degree candidates Jordan Bickimer, Kellie Bornhoft, Ann Catherine Carter, Kristin Fowler, Rachel Growden and Pam Jolly Haile, on Friday, May 3, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Tennessee Art League. The show, which is free and open to the public, will also be part of the downtown First Saturday Art Crawl on May 4 (6 to 9 p.m.).
The evening will present thesis exhibition work in photography (Rachel Growden), fine art (Kellie Bornhoft, Ann Catherine Carter, Pam Jolly Haile) and graphic design (Jordan Bickimer, Kristin Fowler), introducing these artists and designers to the community through photography, sculpture, installation, mixed media, painting, and print and multimedia projects in advertising, packaging, web design, branding, digital publishing and illustration.
Adjunct Heather Dryden serves as project advisor on “Up, Up and Away,” with assistance from Dan Brawner, professor and chair of the Department of Graphic Design.
· Jordan Bickimer (Nashville, TN) – BFA in Graphic Design with concentration in illustration / bickpen.com
· Kellie Bornhoft (Nashville, TN) – BFA in Fine Art / kelliebornhoft.com
· Ann Catherine Carter (Birmingham, AL) – BFA in Fine Art / anncatherinecarter.net
· Kristin Fowler (Nashville, TN) – BFA in Graphic Design / kristinfowler.com
· Rachel Growden (Murfreesboro, TN) – BFA in Photography / rachelgrowden.com
· Pam Jolly Haile (Nashville, TN) – BFA in Fine Art / pjhaile.com
The Tennessee Art League is located along downtown Nashville’s 5th Avenue of the Arts, at 219 5th Avenue North (37203).
Ann Catherine Carter
Rachel Growden Pam Jolly Haile