July 09, 2012
With an announcement from the Metro Nashville Arts Commission on July 3, Watkins heard great news: the College is the recipient of the largest basic operating support grant in the city for the second year in a row!
The Metro Arts Commission states, “Several factors influenced FY13 grant awards…Awards are based on rankings from citizen review scores, stated impacts, proposal quality, maximum request/award, project feasibility with partial funding, compliance history, etc. …This year, Metro Arts began targeting grant funds toward organizations and activities that help us achieve the following program goals - Expanding & Improving the Creative Workforce, Increasing Availability of & Participation in Creative Activities, and Enhancing Creative Quality and Innovation.”
Arts organizations who will receive basic operating grants for FY13, with funding in excess of $100,000, are
- Country Music Foundation ($120,480)
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts ($150,240)
- Nashville Ballet ($151,200)
- Nashville Opera Association ($119,040)
- Nashville Symphony Association ($151,200)
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center ($129,600)
- Watkins College of Art, Design & Film ($152,640)
Thanks to MNAC and the Grants Committee for their efforts and dedication.