Watkins strives to provide Technical Support for Staff, Faculty, and Students in a consistent and convenient matter.
This web page will include Technical Support topics and links to more tech resources.
- Watkins has partnered with Google to provide Google Mail, Google Calendar and Google Docs for all Watkins Staff, Faculty, and Students. To access those services, just use the Login link at the top right corner of this website or you can go directly to http://newmail.watkins.edu to login to your @watkins.edu email account. Once logged in, you can click on the Calendar or Documents tabs to access those services.
- To change your Watkins password (which is used for email, calendar, docs, file servers, Empower services, and more, just go to http://password.watkins.edu
- To forward your Watkins email to another email account, just go to this URL and watch this short video tutorial: http://screencast.com/t/NmU4NmNm
- To access the new campus-wide file server, just follow the following instructions: From your Mac, press Command-K or click on the Go menu in the Finder and click "Connect to Server." In the resulting window, just put this address: "smb://fileserver" and hit Enter. You will see two shares, "groups" and "users". When you choose either one, you will be asked for your username and password. Once you have entered your username and password, you will see the contents of that share. You can navigate around "users" and you can access your individual folder like "/users/cmcquistion/private" and so on. You can navigate the "groups" share the same way. You will have access to your own user folder, including your private and public folder, and you will be able to see the contents of other people's public folders, as well as all of the group folders that you belong to. If you are using a publicly-accessible computer, like one of the computers in the labs, don't forget to disconnect from the server when you're done (or better yet, reboot the computer) to make sure that others cannot sit down and access your files that you've left open. Windows users can access the same network shares as mentioned above, except on Windows, you will pull up any Windows Explorer window and put "\fileserver" in the address bar and hit Enter. If you are not already logged onto the Windows Domain (if you're using your personal laptop, for instance,) then when you try to access the "groups" or "users" folder you will be prompted for your username and password and you will then have appropriate access to the "users" and "groups" folders.
- Click here for the Watkins College Technology Agreement. All Watkins students that require Network and Internet access must fill out this form and have their device(s) registered or they will not be able to access Watkins Network services, such as file services, print services, etc.