During regular business hours Mon- Fri and Sun:
- Call 615-277-7427
- Drop by for in-person, in-library help
- email [email protected]
Full text access to scholarly journals in languages and literature, as well as essential titles in the fields of music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture. There are 150 titles in this collection. No log in is necessary.
- Learn about basic and advanced searches, and managing your citations
- Check out these YouTube tutorials
- Visit the JSTOR page on Facebook to find out more
*Sorry, there is no off campus access.
Tennessee residents have access to 19 databases of magazines, newspapers, journals, and reference materials.
- TEL homepage: resume help or graduate school test prep and the very useful Points of View Reference Center.
- Tennessee Electronic Library Tutorial: A simple guide for navigating the 19 databases in TEL.
* Remote access available, ask a librarian for password
ART FULL TEXT (EBSCO)
Art Full Text is a bibliographic database that indexes and abstracts articles from over 600 periodicals published throughout the world; full-text coverage for 298 periodicals is also included. Periodical coverage includes English-language periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins, as well as periodicals published in French, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, and Swedish. In addition to articles, Art Full Text indexes reproductions of works of art that appear in indexed periodicals. Coverage begins in 1984.
*Remote Access Available with a password. ASK a librarian for User ID and Password by phone or email.
ARTstor is a growing repository of 300,000+ digital images and related data supporting interdisciplinary studies with special emphasis on collections of art, architecture and archeology. After simple online registration, you can access the database from anywhere.
- ARTstor’s Youtube channel: access videos that will help you easily navigate ARTstor’s digital library, create presentations, and access your professor saved images.
- ARTstor Help Wiki: Find the answers to your ARTstor and OIV (Offline Image Viewer — ARTstor’s presentation creation software) questions, also participate in a user forum.
Rhizome is dedicated to the creation, presentation, preservation, and critique of emerging artistic practices that engage technology. Through open platforms for exchange and collaboration, Rhizome’s website serves to encourage and expand the communities surrounding these practices. Programs, many of which happen online, include commissions, exhibitions, events, discussion, archives and portfolios. Sign up to create a personal profile page, subscribe to Rhizome’s blog and newsletters, participate in discussion, post announcements and view job opportunities, browse art in the online archive, the ArtBase, find out about recent events and exhibitions, apply for a grant and view Rhizome grantees.
* On and off campus access. Off campus, just join the rhizome community with your Watkins email address.
Can’t find the book or journal article you are looking for? Try an inter-library loan.
If you can’t find a book you need for your research in the Watkins Library catalog, Fisk University library, or Nashville Public library, check WorldCat to search multiple libraries.
- When you find the book you need, fill out an ILL request form. A librarian will request the book for you and notify you by email when it arrives.
- Make sure you plan ahead. An Interlibrary Loan will take 1 to 2 weeks to arrive.
For information on our databases, tips on searching, or an overview of the Library Catalog, take a look at our growing collection of online tutorials produced right here at the Library. You can find them on the Library How-to Videos or Frequently Asked Questions pages.