DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
Watkins College of Art is accepting applications for the Director of Enrollment Management. Watkins College is a regionally and nationally accredited, non-profit, independent college of the visual arts located in Nashville, Tennessee.
The director will oversee the activities of the offices of admissions, student life, financial aid, and the registrar, although the primary focus of the position will be admissions.
Working closely with the office of communication, the director will lead the development and management of all facets of prospective undergraduate and graduate student recruitment, (including transfer students). S/he will develop comprehensive, strategic, annual and multi-year recruitment programming, which reflects the goals of the college’s strategic plan, with particular attention to graduate and international recruitment.
Working with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders the director will develop creative recruitment and promotional initiatives, inside and outside the college.
- Manage the admissions funnel from prospect through enrollment with regard to a variety of metrics including overall goals, department goals, institutional support, etc.
- Direct oversight of admissions office and personnel.
- Coordinate the activities of financial aid, student life, and the registrar to support retention efforts.
- Create a strategic lead generation/recruitment plan that may include name purchases, SEOs, travel, social media, on- and off-campus events and visits, electronic and print publications, etc.
- Create and implement a plan for engaging key influencers such as guidance counselors, high school art teachers, parents, and alumni.
- Ensure all compliance and data integrity.
- Represent admissions on appropriate college committees.
- Engage in continuously reflective, analytically rigorous, and technically sophisticated dialogues with senior leadership about enrollment realities, forecasts, and possibilities.
- Degree in communication, fine art, marketing, or related field (graduate degree preferred).
- Experience in admission/enrollment management demonstrating progressive levels of responsibility and success.
- Substantial knowledge of the field of visual arts.
- A resume or cv that demonstrates qualifications for the position.
- A letter of application that articulates the candidate’s vision for the position.
- Names and addresses of three references, including one from a supervisor and one from a direct-report subordinate.
- Salary expectations.
All materials should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Review of candidates will begin immediately, with a start date early in the spring term of 2017.
Watkins College adheres to EEO guidelines and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.