CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR DESIGN
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film is accepting applications for the Chair of the Department of Interior Design with a scheduled hire date of August 2016.
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film is a regionally and nationally accredited, non-profit independent college of the visual arts located in Nashville, Tennessee (www.watkins.edu). Founded in 1885 as a community education resource, the college now offers BFA degrees in Fine Art, Film, Photography, Graphic Design, and Interior Design, a BA in Art degree and a new MFA in Film Production.
Watkins is seeking a dynamic full-time faculty member who will also serve as the interior design department chair. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability for creative teaching and professional practice with the additional skills as an effective administrator.
- Promote innovative vision and outreach to grow the BFA program
- Teach courses assigned each semester based on a standard teaching load as defined in the Faculty Handbook
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students
- Contribute to the college through committee service
- Engage in creative and/or research activity in the form of exhibitions or publications
- Manage the department budget
- Program assessment and reporting for Institutional Effectiveness Plan
- MFA in interior design required.
- Experience teaching at undergraduate level, minimum of five years
- Professional practice in interior design, minimum of five years
- NCIDQ certification, required
- LEED AP and Registered Interior Designer, preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp, preferred
- Membership in one or more professional organizations (ASID, IIDA, IDEC), preferred
- Knowledge of CIDA accreditation process, preferred
Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately, with a priority deadline of April 15, 2016. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis until an appointment is made.
Cary Beth Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
The PDF must include: (1) a letter of application, which articulates how the candidate’s experience and education intersects with the position description, (2) a teaching philosophy, (3) a current CV, (4) name and contact information for three references with personal knowledge of the candidate’s teaching and/or professional practice experience, (5) course evaluations (if available) and (6) a representative body of student work. Creative or scholarly work may be requested after review of application materials.
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film adheres to EEO guidelines, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.