It was “A Scene in Green” when The pARTy, the annual event to benefit Watkins College of Art, Design & Film, returned to campus (4/23). Watkins’ president, Dr. J. Kline, and Board of Trustees chair Samuel E. Stumpf, Jr., welcomed 200 artists, educators, community and business leaders to the school’s Metro Center campus for cocktails on the lakeside boardwalk, a “gallery tour” of art from the Watkins collection, and the opportunity to buy original work from students and instructors. This year’s Scene in Green theme reflected efforts to support a campus greening initiative, and guests were invited to purchase items from a “wish list” of trees, flowers, benches, picnic tables, and a butterfly garden.
It was a perfect night for outdoor entertaining, and, under a tent by Amulet Lake, dinner by The Chef and I featured an elaborate chARTcuterie bar, buffet stations, and hand-dipped ice creams and sorbets.
After a reveal by President Kline of upcoming campus enhancements, guests kept the pARTy going by dancing to the music of the Karlton Taylor Quartet.
The pARTy benefits the education, outreach and enhancement programs of Watkins, the independent, nonprofit, four-year baccalaureate college now in its 131st year of service and inspiration to the community.
Support and sponsorship from the following are the “Life of the pARTy”:
- Gold Program pARTner: SunTrust Foundation
- Silver sponsors: AmSurg, HCA/TriStar Health and Nashville Carpet Center/Hunt Oliver
- Bronze sponsors: KPMG LLC, McCarthy Jones & Woodard LLC; Neal & Harwell, PLC; Piedmont Natural Gas
- Pewter sponsor: Beth Scott Clayton Amos, LUTCF, CLTC, Insurance & Financial Services.
- Lipman Brothers, LLC and R.S. Lipman Company provided wine, spirits and beer
Invitations, signage and other event materials were created by Graphic Design alumnus Michael Korfhage.