Reports to Vice President for Academic Affairs; Exempt-Salaried Position
Position will remain open until filled.
Watkins College of Art is accepting applications for the Media Center Director position. Watkins is a regionally and nationally accredited, non-profit independent college of the visual arts located in Nashville, Tennessee (www.watkins.edu). Founded in 1885 as a community education resource, the college now offers BFA degrees in Fine Art, Film, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, and Photography, BA in Art degree and an MFA in Film Production.
Watkins is seeking an organized, detailed administrator to manage the Media Center and supervise employees. The Media Center is responsible for the direction and supervision of the Media Center operations for the college, which includes the Media Center equipment room and photography lab and film school facilities.
Reporting to the director is the media center assistant and work study students. The director is responsible for the oversight of all equipment purchases; inventory, maintenance, and repair for film and photography; chemical purchases for photography; safety and security procedures where applicable; budget reporting; and institutional assessment reporting.
- Manage a digital ARTchive of student work; document student work as needed.
- Coordinate Media Center purchases with Department Chairs and Information Technology Director.
- Establish policies and procedures for media Center in coordination with Department Chairs.
- Maintain department budgets, expenditures and purchases.
- Oversee equipment maintenance and repairs; ability to perform diagnosis and minor repairs of film and/or photography equipment.
- Provide demonstrations for use of both film and photography equipment.
- Schedule room reservations for film school facilities and photography lighting studio.
- Ensure equipment and chemical safety procedures are followed according to college policy and local, national and federal requirements.
- Prepare and update operational guidelines for department.
- Oversee all equipment check-in/check-out procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of photography and/or film equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Position requires lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and generally moving objects; must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Three years minimum, hands-on experience in management administration, preferably in higher education.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Fine Arts degree preferred.
Please send letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watkins College of Art adheres to EEO guidelines, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex sexual orientation, age or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.