Federal assistance includes:
- Federal Pell Grant (Pell)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans(SUB/UNSUB)
- Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students(PLUS)
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
Other aid programs consist of the Private Loan program, Veteran Educational Benefits and Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits.
VA, 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon Program
Watkins receives funding from various State programs for eligible students attending Watkins. The Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) offers various grants and scholarships for eligible Tennessee residents. Students completing the FAFSA and list Tennessee as their legal state of resident will have their information automatically sent to TSAC for consideration of the programs listed below.
Tennessee Student Assistance Awards (TSAA)
Grants awarded to eligible Tennessee residents.
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS)
Scholarships funded through the State’s lottery are awarded to eligible Tennessee students in the following categories:
- Tennessee HOPE Scholarship
- General Assembly Merit Scholarship
- Aspire Award
- HOPE Access Grant
- HOPE Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
- Dual Enrollment Grant
- HOPE Foster Child Tuition Grant
For answers to freqently asked questions about the Tennessee Education Lottery system, go to: http://www.watkins.edu/admissions/financial-aid-scholarships/tn-lottery-scholarship-faqs
TSAC offers several types of need based and merit based scholarships.
- Ned McWherter Scholars Program
- TN Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program
- Christa McAuliffe Scholarship Program
- Gear-Up Tennessee Bridge Award
- Helping Heros Grant
For more information regarding these state programs, you may contact the agency directly at (615) 741.1346 or 1.800.342.1663 or check their website at www.CollegePaysTN.com.
Institutional financial assistance is available for eligible students attending Watkins from the following programs:
- Watkins Institutional Grant
- Watkins Admissions Grants and Scholarships
- Watkins Merit Scholarship
- Watkins Commissioner Scholarship
- Watkins Institutional Work-Study program
- Yellow Ribbon Program
Detailed information about these programs can be found on our Scholarships page or by contacting the Office of Financial Aid and Admissions Office.