The AICAD Mobility Program provides an opportunity for students from AICAD schools in the United States and Canada to study for one semester at another AICAD school. It does not apply to AICAD’s international affiliates. It offers the experience and benefit of studying at a different school and living in a different geographical area.
The AICAD Mobility Program is open primarily to full-time students in their junior year who are in good standing and who otherwise meet eligibility requirements for their specific program. Students choose which school they wish to attend in the Mobility Program. However, the Host School retains sole discretion to accept or decline an application or selection of courses.
Applications must be received by the Host School no later than:
Fall Term: April 10
Spring Term: November 1
The Mobility student is solely responsible for the timely submission of the application materials to the Mobility Coordinator of Watkins College of Art, Design & Film. This includes:
- The completed AICAD Application Form, along with required signatures, proposed program of study, and a Statement of Purpose.
- Official transcript of all college-level work completed at Watkins to date (available from the Registrar’s office.) Student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 6 to 10 digital files displaying student’s work, including work in the proposed area of study. Each file should be labeled with the name of student and title of work, in addition, a document describing medium used and dimensions should be included. If files are to be returned, a self-addressed stamped envelope suitable for mailing must be provided. The Host School cannot be responsible for loss or damage; please do not send your only set of files.
Tuition and Fees: Tuition is payable to Watkins. The Host School agrees not to charge the student tuition. A voucher indicating that tuition has been paid is issued by Watkins to the student and must be presented to the Host School at registration. If a student has made the required payment to Watkins but has not received a voucher, she/he must contact the Watkins Mobility Coordinator immediately. The student will receive the regular financial aid award, if any, to which they are entitled.
Laboratory fees, student service fees, and other fees may be charged to the student by the Host School. These are billed by and payable directly to the Host School, and must be paid before registration. These fees vary by institution and program, so students should contact the Mobility Coordinator at Watkins to determine which fees will be required for registration.
Grades: Grades received from the Host School during Mobility study will become part of the student’s official record at Watkins, in accordance with Watkins’ policies for such study. Host Schools should not count mobility students in their registration statistics.
While at the Host School, the student will be governed by the academic regulations of the Host School and will not be eligible for student aid or employment from the Host School. The Host School is responsible for notifying Watkins of any deficiencies during the semester.
Medical Insurance: Nearly every AICAD college requires students to obtain or furnish proof of medical insurance. Check with your Host School to determine its policies. If you have no insurance you will most likely be expected to purchase it from the Host School. If you have insurance, be sure to obtain proof of insurance before you depart.
Housing: Housing is the responsibility of each student. Host Schools have no obligation to provide housing and their dorms are often full. A Student wishing to live in a Host School’s dorm should make this known at the time of application. Fees for Room and Board are billed by and paid directly to the Host School. If dorms are full, off-campus housing information may be obtained from the student services or housing office of the Host School. Student should plan to investigate all housing options at the time of application.
Responsibilities of the participants in the AICAD Mobility Program
Students are responsible for:
- Completing the application process in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
- Obtaining all required signatures and approvals from Watkins College
- Registering at Watkins as required for the Mobility semester
- Making their own housing arrangements for the Mobility semester
- Being aware of all fees and requirements at the Host School, including insurance
Mobility Coordinators at Watkins are Responsible for:
- Providing students with AICAD Mobility Program information and applications
- Verifying the eligibility of their students applying to the Mobility Program
- Forwarding completed application materials to the intended Host School
- Providing verification that all financial obligations are met for the Mobility semester
- Providing verification of student medical insurance if obtained through Watkins College
Mobility Coordinators at the Host School are responsible for:
- Informing applicants and Home School Coordinator of the decision on the application
- Informing accepted student of registration dates and related fees
- Informing accepted students of any other special Mobility requirements
- Sending completed student transcripts to Watkins as soon as possible.
Questions: Contact Patrick Deguira at [email protected]