Chair, Department of Interior Design
Posted on: February 14 2018
Watkins College of Art is accepting applications for the Chair of the Department of Interior Design with a scheduled start date of August 2018.
Watkins College of Art is a regionally and nationally accredited, non-profit independent college of the visual arts located in Nashville, Tennessee (www.watkins.edu). Founded in 1885 as a community education resource, the college now offers BFA degrees in Fine Art, Film, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, and Photography; a BA in Art degree; and an MFA in Film Production and Visual Arts.
Watkins is seeking a dynamic full-time faculty member to serve as the interior design department chair.
- Promote innovative vision and outreach to grow the BFA program
- Teach courses assigned each semester based on a standard teaching load as defined in the Faculty Handbook
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students
- Contribute to the college through committee service
- Engage in professional activity
- Serve as chief department administrator
- MFA in interior design preferred or terminal degree in related field
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience preferred; professional practice in interior design preferred
- Professional certification or licensure in appropriate design field; NCIDQ certification, preferred
- Knowledge of CIDA accreditation process, preferred
Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis until an appointment is made.
Send all application materials to: InteriorDesignChair@watkins.edu as PDF.
The PDF must include: (1) a letter of application, which articulates how the candidate’s experience and education intersects with the position description, (2) a current CV, (3) name and contact information for three references with personal knowledge of the candidate’s teaching and/or professional practice experience. Additional materials may be requested after review of application materials.
Watkins College of Art adheres to EEO guidelines, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.